This guides you through the preparation process for printing your first job.
INFO! You must have your 3D Printer READY, connected to the computer and UNYK software running.
CHOOSE PRINTER MODEL
- On the top bar, click on the 3D PRINTER menu.
- Select your 3D Printer MODEL from the drop-down menu.
- On the top bar, click on the MATERIAL menu.
- Select your MATERIAL from the drop-down menu.
OPEN SAMPLE PROJECT
- Click IMPORT OBJECT on the MAIN TOOLBAR. There appears the Import File dialog box.
- Go to Unyk Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Unyk 2\Samples.
- Select the Project: "3D Printer Name" First Job (Minny First Job).
- Click Open.
START 3D PRINTING WIZARD AND WELCOME PAGE
- Click on FILE MENU button.
- Choose 3D PRINT to open the 3D Printing Wizard.
- The WELCOME page will show up.
- Click NEXT (Right Arrow at the Bottom).
Unyk will run through a number of checks to make sure the job is ready to print, and will display the following validations:
- Checking for floating objects: there has to be no object touching the XOY-area.
- Checking for objects outside the platform: the printer will only print the objects located inside the platform.
- NFC is active: Your NFC tag must be valid.
- Checking for the configured material: there has to be at least one material selected for printing.
- Checking for the 3D Printer connection: the 3D Printer has to be connected and ready to use.
Understanding the Symbols:
- The symbol () indicates the validation is not ideal, but you can still move on to the next step.
- The symbol () indicates the validation passed.
- The symbol () indicates the validation failed.
SELECT 3D PRINTER AND ADD SMALL BASE
- Click the Right Arrow to move from VERIFY step to SETTING step.
- Choose the 3D Printer you would like to use.
- Choose YES () to allow adding a base to the printing object.
- Choose S () for a SMALL base.
INFO! Adding a base means you will create a HONEYCOMB base, allowing an easier object removal and a more stable job.
MATERIAL AND LAYER THICKNESS
- Click the Right Arrow to move from SETTING step to MATERIAL step.
- The MATERIAL is pre-selected based on the current NFC TAG.
- Select the LAYER THICKNESS: 50 μm.
VERIFY PRINTER AND MATERIAL
- Click the Right Arrow to move from MATERIAL step to FINAL CHECK step.
- Check to make sure there is enough material for printing. Then, click YES.
- Check to make sure the Building Platform is clear. Then, click YES.
- After all the steps have been checked well, the job will be created.
- After the job creation progress finishes, there is a screen appearing to let you know your job has been generated successfully.
- Unyk Commander will load the job to the Printer now. Once it is done, the printing will start.
- Click on FINISH button at the bottom of the screen to finish the print process and close the 3D Printing Wizard.