How to safely handle and take care of your Makyn 3D Printer


 

These warnings and precautions are included to prevent injury to you and others and to prevent any potential damage to your machine.

WARNING! Please read these instructions and make sure you understand them before using the machine.

 

IMPORTANT SAFETY SYMBOLS

This section explains the meanings of all icons and signs in the User's Guide. The following safety symbols are ordered according to the degree of danger:

 

Warning – Hazardous or unsafe practices could result in severe personal injury or death.

Caution – Hazardous or unsafe practices could result in minor personal injury or property damage.                                  

 

Do not attempt.

 

 

Do not disassemble.

                                 

 

Do not touch.

 

 

Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.

 

Contact the support portal for help: my.nyomo.com.

   

 

OPERATING ENVIRONMENT - WARNING

 

Do not use if the power cord is damaged or if the electrical outlet is not grounded. This could result in electric shock or fire.

 

 

Do not bend or place heavy objects on the power cord. Stepping on or allowing the power cord to be crushed by a heavy object could result in electric shock or fire.

 

 

Do not place anything on top of the machine (water, small metal objects, heavy objects, books, candles, lit cigarettes, etc.). This could result in electric shock or fire.

 

 

Do not remove the plug by pulling on the cord; handle it by the plug end only. Do not handle the plug with wet hands. This could result in electric shock or fire.

                                

 

If the machine gets overheated, releases smoke, makes strange noises, or generates an odd odor, immediately turn off the power switch and unplug the machine. Failure to do so could result in electric shock or fire.

 

   

 

OPERATING ENVIRONMENT - CAUTION

 

During an electrical storm or for a period of non-operation, remove the power plug from the electrical outlet.

 

 

If the machine has been dropped, or if the plastic cover appears damaged, unplug the machine from all interface connections and request assistance from qualified service personnel.

 

 

If the machine exhibits a sudden and distinct change in performance, unplug the machine from all interface connections and request assistance from qualified service personnel.

 

 

If the plug does not easily enter the electrical outlet, do not attempt to force it in. Call an electrician to change the electrical outlet. Failure to do so could result in electric shock.   

                     

 

Do not allow pets to chew on either the AC power cord or the USB interface cable. This could result in electric shock or fire and/or injury to your pet.

 

   

 

OPERATING DIRECTIONS - CAUTION

 

 

Do not send any printing job to the machine if there are any objects on the building platform This could damage the machine.

 

 

Never allow children to use the machine.

 

 

INSTALLATION / MOVING - WARNING

 

 

Do not place the machine in an area with dust, humidity, or water leaks. This could result in severe damage to the machine, electric shock, or fire.

 

   

 

INSTALLATION / MOVING - CAUTION

 

 

Before removing the power cord from the machine, turn off the machine using the on/off button. (See Section 5.9, “On/Off Button.”)

 

 

Install the machine in a well-ventilated area. Lack of ventilation could cause the surrounding air to become poisoned or the machine overheated.

 

 

Do not put a cover over the machine or place the machine in an airtight location, such as a closet, while it is connected to a power outlet. If the machine is not well ventilated, fire could result.

 

 

Do not install the machine near windows or other places exposed to direct sunlight. This could damage the printing material and/or reduce its shelf life.

 

 

Do not place the machine on an unstable surface. The machine could fall, which could cause injury and/or severe damage to the machine.     

   

 

Make sure to plug the power cord into a grounded electrical outlet. Failure to do so could result in electric shock or fire.

 

   

 

MAINTENANCE/CHECKING - CAUTION

 

 

 

Unplug the machine from the wall socket before cleaning the inside of the machine. Do not clean the machine with benzene and paint thinner as these can damage delicate parts of the machine. Do not spray isopropyl alcohol directly into the machine. This could result in electric shock or fire.

 

 

Keep cleaning supplies away from children, as most cleaning supplies are dangerous for children.

 

 

When replacing the supplies or cleaning inside the machine, do not send a job to it. Doing so could result in damage to the machine and/or injure the operator/s.

 

 

Do not allow anyone except a certified technician to disassemble, repair, or rebuild the machine. This could damage the machine. 

                                

 

Do not remove any covers or guards that are fastened with screws. Screwed-on covers indicate that these places should only be opened by a certified technician. The machine should only be repaired by a Nyomo certified technician.

 

 

 

To clean and operate the machine, carefully follow the step-by-step directions in the User's Guide provided with the machine. Otherwise, the machine could be damaged

 

 

 

Keep the power cable and the contact surface of the plug clean from dust or moisture. Failure to do so could result in electric shock or fire.

 

   

 

SUPPLY/USAGE - WARNING

 

 

Do not use any other materials to work with the machine except the ones approved for this model. This could damage the machine or injure the operator/s.

 

 

Do not burn any of the printer supplies such as the material cartridge, materials, or material containers. This could cause an explosion or uncontrollable fire. Leftover supplies and their containers should be disposed of as directed on the labels.

 

 

When storing supplies such as printing materials, keep them away from children in a locked area or childproof cupboard. These materials are harmful if inhaled or ingested.

 

   

 



Share this article